Friday, October 18, 2013

New Fabric!


While picking up my sewing machine from her annual checkup, I browsed around the store and fell in love with this fabric - sunnyside by Kate Spain. It was so pretty and I loved the rainy day and sunny day fabrics all together. So, of course, I had to take it home with me. I bought two charm packs, grabbed my Pfaff, and zoomed home to play.


My first thought was "Wouldn't this make a gorgeous Dresden quilt?", and I think it will! Last year, during the Dresden craze on the interwebs, I bought myself a Dresden ruler and then, shamefully, let it just sit unloved and unused. Now seemed to be the perfect time to remedy that situation, so I pulled it out and started cutting. I was able to cut two blades from each charm and in no time I had this pretty stack:

Swoon worthy, don't you think?

That pretty stack became this:


So far only the light blue plate in the middle is sewn together, but the others are being very patient while I pause to make a Halloween costume for a rather special little 2 year old. However, I couldn't help myself and I had to do something with the scraps from cutting the blades. I'll show you that next time!

Thanks for stopping by.